Summit Truck Group
Summit Truck Group in Wichita, KS is seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working, customer-oriented individuals who can work in a team environment as a Service Technician.
In a retail dealership environment, conduct diesel equipment repairs and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments.
- Provide technical service to vehicles and equipment. Including trouble shooting, electrical and diagnostic services.
- Read Repair Order, observe and listen to vehicle in operation to determine malfunction and plan work procedures.
- Perform general and detailed repair of all trucks, engines and components.
- Overhaul gas or diesel engines.
- Install injectors, pistons, liners, cam shafts, cylinder heads, rod and main bearings, oil pans, clutches, fan hubs, differentials, fifth wheels, brakes, change or recharge batteries, and replace transmissions and other parts.
- Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks, and make adjustments as needed.
- Lubricate moving parts and drive repaired vehicle to verify conformance to specifications.
- Advise the Service Supervisor if additional repair work is necessary
- Tag all warranty parts and returns to warranty clerk.
- Maintain a neat and orderly working area, and proper handling of company tools
- Follow safe work practices and procedures, uses safety equipment when required, responds to suggestions for working safely and seeks assistance when necessary.
- Attend training classes and keep abreast of factory technical bulletins
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED is required. Combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered.
- Related technical school training preferred.
- Three to five years of commercial truck technical service experience.
- Engine certifications preferred: Cummins, Detroit, International, etc.
- Necessary tools to perform job responsibilities
- Ability to work and learn independently.
- Strong written/ verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to use various windows based computer software. Experience with engine software a plus
- Valid commercial driver’s license preferred.
To view full job description, and to apply, visit link here: https://summittruckcareers.com/jobs/
About Summit Truck:
Summit Holdings is a privately held company that does business as Summit Truck Group, Summit Bus, and Summit Lease & Rental. The company operates 31 commercial truck and bus dealerships in Arkansas, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas. Summit Truck Group represents and services International®, Kenworth, Volvo, Mack, Ford and Isuzu commercial trucks, and Crane Carrier specialty vehicles. Summit Truck Group delivers exceptional customer service through its more than 1,200 employees, 440 technicians, and 458 service bays.
Email Address Hidden
*All Mechanic Jobs, Bus Mechanic Jobs, Diesel Mechanic Jobs, Entry Level Mechanic Jobs, International Mechanic Jobs, Isuzu Mechanic Jobs, Kenworth Mechanic Jobs, Mack Truck Mechanic Jobs, Truck Mechanic Jobs