We are looking to recruit an Offshore Mechanic B to join our team at Sparrows in Slidell.
The main purpose of the role is to perform all aspects of crane service in the field and in the shop. Assist in training of C level mechanics.
- Inspect, troubleshoot and repair hydraulic cranes.
- Repair winches, valves, engines and hydraulic components.
- Carry out preventative maintenance program for offshore cranes.
- Observe competitive activities.
- Contribute to company image and reputation.
- Manage and maintain assigned tools and equipment.
- Maintain and follow driving guidelines for assigned company vehicle.
- Must be able to identify all types of crane components.
- Complete all paperwork thoroughly and in a timely fashion.
- Know and understand Sparrows Offshore’ Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Understand and comply with all Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Perform all other duties as required by Supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
Qualifications & Experience:
- Understand basic operations of hydraulics.
- Communication skills both oral and written.
- Repair skills.
- Must be familiar with crane rigging procedures.
- Good driving record.
- Able to perform tasks independently.
- Must have thorough knowledge of API2C and RP2D and 9A Specifications.
- Must have own hand tools.
- High School diploma or Equivalent
How to apply:
View full job description, and apply through this link: https://www.sparrowsgroup.com/careers-portal.html
About Sparrows Group:
The Sparrows Group is a specialist lifting and mechanical handling contractor that delivers equipment, technology and integrated engineering services to the global energy industry. Our solutions support our clients to optimise their efficiency by ensuring the performance, reliability and safety of critical equipment and people.
With our headquarters in Aberdeen, we employ over 1,600 people across numerous operational locations across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.